The Schar School Advanced Research Scholars & Fellowship Program offers a unique experience for International and domestic research scholars and industry leaders looking to enhance their expertise in
- Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Security
- Academic Journals and Publications
- Bioinformatics, Medical and Health
- Education (K-12 and Higher Education)
- Environmental Protection
- Global Commerce and Economics
- Government Policy and Technology Policy
- Information Technology and Engineering
- International Security and Law
- Management, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship
- And many more….
This program offers a diverse range of durations, spanning from 3 weeks up to 5 years, designed to cater to the unique needs and requirements of a variety of individuals, making it an ideal internship experience.
You are not just a participant; you hold a status within an exclusive network, allowing you the opportunity to connect with experts and professionals in your field. You will enjoy the privilege of immersing yourself in academic forums and seminars and have the opportunity to gain access to academic classes and specialized training sessions.
We can only accept 10 students annually. Available seats are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please email ExecEd@gmu.edu for application and program fees.
Schar School Advanced Research Scholars & Fellowship Program is open to a diverse group of individuals who can benefit from its offerings. Eligible applicants include:
- Visiting Scholars and Academic Researchers: Individuals who want to broaden their horizons and research in the areas of public administration, leadership, and management.
- Aspiring Public Administrators: Individuals who are passionate about a career and want to gain more knowledge and skills in this field.
- Industry Entrepreneurs: Senior leaders who want to gain knowledge about marketing in the United States, looking to build networks and connections or try new technology.
Discover the Benefits
The Schar School Advanced Research Scholars & Fellowship Program offers a deep understanding of public administration, leadership, and management, providing practical skills for professional growth.
Research and Cultural Immersion
You will learn how to research activities and cultural studies in the Washington, D.C. area while interacting with local, state, and federal government agencies, as well as nonprofit organizations aligned with your interests.
You will gain a deeper understanding of public service leadership, the U.S. public administration system, and public management. Develop essential analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills directly applicable to your field.
You will benefit from an international perspective with the program's blend of two different cultures which can open doors to diverse insights.
You will take on the role of an intern, which will help you gain hands-on experience that will enhance your skills. This will make you a more competitive candidate for future job opportunities while improving your resume.
Explore the Curriculum
The Schar School Advanced Research Scholars & Fellowship Program provides a comprehensive curriculum to refine and boost the skills in the fields of public administration, leadership, and management, depending on the individual preferences of each participant.
Orientation and program introduction
- Participants will get the chance to familiarize themselves with the program and the campus through the initial campus tour. They will establish connections by being present in meetings with key faculty members.
Research training and Discussions
- Critical aspects of the U.S. public administration system, the U.S. nonprofit system, emergency management in the U.S., and federalism and local government structures.
- Participants will take an active role in meetings with the Schar Faculty Team and Research Lab, attend academic forums and seminars, and conduct research and cultural studies in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Individuals will participate in university and Schar School events and center projects.
- Participants will learn from public administration and leadership skills and have the opportunity to explore entrepreneurship through workshops and mentorship.
Our Partnerships and Collaborations
At George Mason University, we take strong pride in being able to have build strong partnerships and collaborations with respected institutions in the past. Some, but not limited to, of our partners, include:
|Our Partnerships and Collaborations
Join the Schar School Advanced Research Scholars & Fellowship Program
- Personal Information: Provide contact details.
- Educational Background: Include academic qualifications.
- Area of Interest: Specify the field of interest.
- Cover Letter: Explain why you are interested in this program.
Those interested in the Schar School Advanced Research Scholars & Fellowship Program can reach out for more information or submit their application by contacting ExecEd@gmu.edu.