The faculty-led learning communities (LCs) are credit-bearing opportunities that take your learning to the next level! Each learning community is aligned with a different academic theme that will add value to your degree.
As an LC participant, you and your peers have exclusive access to networking events with high-profile speakers, study abroad opportunities, field trips in and around the D.C. area, and opportunities to complete research projects on issues that you care about. Our LC faculty directors facilitate dialogue on pressing issues of consequence and encourage community building through coffee house-style discussions and small group activities.
Why Join a Learning Community?
- There is no cost to participate
- Earn class credit that fulfills requirements for your major
- Build lifelong personal and professional connections with Schar School faculty and peers who share similar interests and ambitions
- Receive support for internship and job opportunities
- Develop valuable skills that you can apply to your future career or graduate school
For more information contact:
Assistant Director of Student Engagement