Application Deadline for Fall 2022 Entry: July 15
Note: International students must apply by June 1.
This master's program admits students for both the fall and spring semesters.
Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's Program Deadlines
Undergraduate students at George Mason have the opportunity to combine their bachelor's degree with their master's on an accelerated track, reducing the period of time and total cost. Bachelor's/Accelerated Master's (BAM) applicants should follow the same master's application deadlines posted to this page (see above). Please note that the accelerated master's program is for current Mason undergraduate students only. For more information, visit the BAM program page or contact your academic advisor.
- Graduate application and fee
- 750-1,000 word written statement of your goals and interest in the program
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous institutions attended in the U.S. For international institutions, transcripts may be unofficial but should include cumulative transcripts, degree certificate, individual semester marksheets (if applicable), and diploma (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one recommendation should be from an individual who is qualified to attest to the candidate’s academic potential
- Valid GRE scores (taken within 5 years prior to the date of applying)
- Additional requirements for applicants with international credentials
The Schar School of Policy and Government awards merit-based scholarships based on an applicant's academic achievements.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
- Students may have completed a major in any field, but we recommend that you have taken basic courses in economics, political science, and statistics.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.