Our faculty are frequently cited as subject matter experts in major publications and news outlets, such as the Washington Post, the New York Times, the Economist, NPR, and many others. The Schar School is mentioned in U.S. media approximately 300 times each month.
Interested in interviewing one of our experts? Contact Communications Manager Buzz McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-9603.
- September 14, 2022The AI technology developed by biodefense associate professor Sonia Ben Ouagrham-Gormley not only helps with rare diseases but also—uh oh—discovers the most potent chemical weapons know to humankind. NPR’s Radiolab podcast does a deep dive into what to do now.
- July 18, 2022“If you’re going to distribute your vaccine smartly and deliberately, you need to know who’s positive,” Andrew Kilianski says. “There’s not a lot of testing capacity, [even] for a pathogen we are ‘prepared’ for.”
- April 21, 2022Sonia Ben Ouagrham-Gormley warns about using AI to create drugs than be weaponized.
- February 14, 2022In a column of opinion, Justin Gest says Latino voters in the U.S. are “at a turning point” in the politicians they choose. He explains why.
- February 14, 2022Louise Shelley tells the Associated Press a breakthrough with DNA tracking helps law enforcement understand the illicit supply chain that endangers wildlife.
- February 10, 2022Why would White politicians claim themselves as victims of racism?
- U.S. Backslide on Abortion Rights Is a Grave Danger to Democracy, Say Both Reproductive Rights Experts and Legal AnalystsJanuary 28, 2022In a comprehensive recap of an insightful and impassioned webinar, Ms. Magazine posts the hour-long video and the entire transcript of the discussion: “Are Abortion Rights Essential to Democracy?”
- The Guardian (UK): ‘I Would Have Bought Stock in Zoom!’: Experts on Wisdom (and Regrets) for a New Year of CovidJanuary 7, 2022In a roundup of comments from the world’s top infectious disease experts on what has been learned from the pandemic, Saskia Popescu says the crisis has taught her the alarming, counterproductive political nuances of a collective response.
- October 26, 2021Biden Stumps for McAuliffe in Virginia Ahead of Gubernatorial Election
- September 30, 2021Israel’s Mossad is said to have used a remote controlled weapon to assassinate an Iranian nuclear scientist.
- Texas Tribune: Private Donations for a Texas Border Wall Have Soared to $54 Million. But It’s Still Unclear Who’s Giving.September 2, 2021Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s (R) GoFundMe page for building a border wall leaped to $54 million in just a few days. The Schar School’s Guadalupe Correa-Cabrera, an immigration and border expert, wonders who is donating, given the graft of previous efforts to privately finance the project.
- August 26, 2021In a major op-ed, Schar School Associate Professor Justin Gest puts into perspective census data that shows America becoming more racially diverse.